This scale model assembly kit recreates the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF) Type 16, which reached units beginning in 2017. An 8-wheel vehicle, the JGSDF classify it as a Maneuver Combat Vehicle (MCV), a highly mobile and well-armed vehicle intended to provide supporting fire and take on enemy armor as a part of rapid response units. Its domestically designed L/52 105mm rifled gun is a low-recoil piece with perforated muzzle brake and a fire control system to enable accurate firing on the move. Rolled steel turret and hull employ modular and spaced armor estimated to be able to survive frontal hits from 20-30mm class guns and portable anti-tank weapons. Thanks to its 570hp engine, the 26-ton Type 16 has a top speed of around 100km/h and significant range; it looks set to provide a major boost to JGSDF units as its rollout continues.
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 176mm, width: 63mm.
Model has a dedicated parts breakdown for a hassle-free build without sacrificing accuracy.
• An accurate rendering is based upon extensive research of the actual Type 16, authentically capturing the modern silhouette with a moving depiction of the 105mm gun.
• Features crisp molding on details such as non-slip surfaces, plus multi-piece machine gun and mount.
• The 8-wheel suspension is depicted in style, with fixed wheels. Elastomer tires have a realistic tread pattern.
• Decals are included to recreate periscope openings and muzzle brake perforations.
• Comes with one commander figure and two marking options.
Plastic model kit. Paint, glue and finishing supplies not included.
We are not responsible for any taxes, duty, VAT, customs or other fees on the receiver’s end.
Check out our other items and save on shipping! Combined shipping will be calculated at checkout.